Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Puppies


For as many pictures as I have posted on the blog, there aren't any of my dogs! Someone pointed that out to me recently, so I thought I better get on top of that. I love my dogs - a lot! Rusty is a Yorkshire Terrier. I have had him since he was born. Actually, an ex-boyfriend bought Rusty for me on my 22nd birthday. So, Rusty will be 4 this January. He is the cutest little Yorkie out there. He loves playing fetch, running around the yard, and hanging out with me!



BamBam is a mix between a WestHighland White Terrier, a Cairn Terrier, and possibly a Yorkie. I got BamBam on petfinder.com The website was recommended to me by one of my candidates in TX who got his Cairn Terrier on petfinder.com At the time (September 2004) I was looking for a pal for Rusty. I was living in Lansing and because of my commute I was gone about 12 hours a day. My dad would stop by to let Rusty out and take him on walks, but the rest of the day he was alone. BamBam came from the Westie Rescue of Missouri. He is actually from Boston. He was an abused pup who lived in Boston for about 4 years. The family that had him there dropped him off at a shelter. He was then shipped to Missouri. He was scheduled to be put to sleep when a lady from WI found him. She picked him up and set him up with foster parents in Naperville, IL. I ended up getting him from the foster parents in September 2004. We think he is about 6 or 7 years old but we aren't really sure. When we first got him he was really nervous all the time and would never sit on the furniture or even let you pet him. He has really come around now. He will sit on our laps on the couch, loves belly rubs, and will even lay on the bed at night. He is super lovable and has now gotten to the point that I can sometimes pick him up without freaking him out. Someday he will be all better - we hope!
Here they are - my boys - Russ and Bam :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ok so someone points out that you have no photos of your dogs on the site so I would like to point out that there are no pictures of your sister on the site...and she is sooo cool and I really think you should look into that oversite! From unknown :)

Anonymous said...

MY GRANDDOGS!!! I JUST LOOOVE THEM! THANKS FOR SHARING THOSE ADORABLE PHOTOS!!