Thursday, January 29, 2009

Very Special Person Day

Today, my nephew Tony (age 4) had a "very special person day" at his pre-kidnergarten school. He asked me to come and be his special person for the day. We had a really good time. When I got there, we went into the gym. Tony brought me a card that he made. Then the kids went up on stage and sang a couple of songs and recited a snowman poem. Then we all went to the back of the gym and held hands in a big circle to do some action songs together. It was a lot of fun. After the presentation we had donuts and juice, took pictures, and Tony took me around to all of his classrooms to show me his projects and what he has been working on in school. We had a great time and I was very honored that he asked me to come. Here are some pictures from our day.

I had a hard time getting the camera to focus while zoomed in on the stage. But here the kids are getting ready to sing their first song.

Here's Tony in the reading room. We sat and read a book about a little fish who wanted to become a big fish.

Here's some of Tony's artwork hanging in the hall.

Here is the card that Tony made for me.

Here we are hanging out in the reading room.

Tony and his buddy show me an interactive story/game on their classroom computer.

We counted out the days in the month of January.

In the music room, we checked out the piano.

Tony on the stage in his school uniform.

We went through his entire journal and saw all of the projects he did for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's doing a great job! It seems like he is a really good student!

Tony's teacher took a picture of us in front of this big snowman that their class made.

And here is Tony with his snowman project. - What a cute kid! We had a really great time together today!

No comments: