Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Babies!

If you have a pet, a dog in particular, you know the crazy amount of love you can have for them and the wonderful unconditional love that they give back to you on a regular basis. We have 3 dogs here and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have had Rusty since he was a puppy. I got him from a Breeder for my 22nd birthday. Because I have the papers on him, I have always known that his birthday is Jan 12, 2003. I got BamBam when he was about 4 and for some reason I thought his birthday was in September. However, I was going through a big stack of papers on BamBam that were passed along from the various owners who had him before I got him from the rescue. On one of the papers I noticed his birthday was listed as Jan 12, 2000. Who would have thought that I would end up with 2 pups who have birthdays on the same day! Today, Rusty turned 6 and Bam turned 9. I really cannot believe Rusty is 6 already. If you know him, you know he is still a puppy at heart! They will always be my babies.

Here they are today, out in the snow - which they enjoy quite a bit!


BamBam - 9 years old and looking good!

Rusty - 6 years old, but still a puppy

Here they are about 5 years ago. Rusty had just turned 1 and I had just adopted BamBam from the Westie Rescue of Missouri. This was their first day as brothers. BamBam seems overly happy in this picture. Rusty has grown to love him.

Rusty as a teeny tiny puppy! Here he is only a few months old. This is by far my absolute favorite picture of him ever.

Here he is in his teeny tiny Valentine's shirt at just 2 months old. awwwww.

The day I got him, we headed to PetSmart to stock up and spoil him! Soooo tiny!

He's loved playing fetch since he was a baby. I think this CareBear was actually bigger than he was!

Me and Baby Rusty on the front porch 5 and a half years ago....My how time flies!

1 comment:

The Moniak Family said...

Aww, happy birthday, Rusty and BamBam! Wrigley gets family birthday parties... I know how it is to love your pet like they're a human family member. I think Wrigley even got a cake for his last birthday.