Friday, January 09, 2009

=o)

You would need to turn your head sideways to see that =o) is actually a cute little smiley face. Yesterday I had to turn my head sideways to see everything on my monitor! I was sorting through mail in the morning and dropped a magazine on my keyboard by accident. When I looked up, I noticed that my enitre monitor had rotated 90 degrees to the left. The top of my screen was now at the left side, the bottom of my screen on the right side and I had to lean my head over to the left so I could see it and use my mouse. Besides turning my monitor to be portrait rather than landscape, I wasn't sure what to do. I pressed a few buttons and nothing really worked. Thanks to my friend Nic, I learned that you can rotate your screen by pressing ctrl+alt+one of the directional arrows. Ctrl+alt+up arrow puts the top of the screen back to where it belongs. Ctrl+alt+ left arrow moves it to the left. Ctrl+alt+down arrow moves the screen upside down, etc. I was quite amused with this little trick. I was also amused by the fact that my magazine fell just right to hit ctrl+alt+left arrow. I plan to go upstairs to my husband's office and flip his screen upside down for fun. If you want to screw with someone, you should do it to! hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't work with all PC's... it depends on the driver and video card installed in the system...