Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Got my own bike!


On Saturday, October 13th, Dennis and I headed to Glenview, IL to take a look at a SportsterXL 883. The custom paint job, low mileage, and great price pushed the deal through and we brought her home. I rode it around in 1st gear for a while and then decided to sign up for the Rider's Edge course offered through the MSF and Harley Davidson. The class was great! The courses were long but well worth the time. We met on Thursday and Friday night from 5pm - 8pm at the Chi-Town Harley in Tinley Park. On Saturday and Sunday we met at the parking lot of the old "World Music Theatre" from 7:30am to 5:30pm to ride on the range. Dennis decided to take the class with me to learn a thing or two and to get his official motorcycle license. We both passed the written test (Dennis got 100%) and we both passed the MSF driving test (Dennis got 100% again.) On Monday morning we went back at 7:00am for the state DOT driving test. We both passed that as well (and you guessed it - Dennis got 100% again!) We both learned a lot and had a great time. We met some great people too. Here are a few pictures of my new bike!



The first night we brought it home. Check out those flames!

Check out the paint on that fender - I know it's a little "80's - ish" but hey, I love the 80's!



Here we are - a couple of bikers - who would have thought?



Dennis and I going for a ride around the block.


And off we go!


No comments: