Saturday, December 27, 2008

Entertainment Publications..update

Well, things have gotten worse regarding my experience with Entertainment Publications. Let me recap for you:

****UPDATE!***** Entertainment Publications has received 434 complaints at the BBB is the past 36 months - make that 435!

12/10/08 - placed order, payed standard shipping
12/18/08 - called company since order had not arrived, customer service rep cancelled out original order and placed a second order requiring me to pay for OVERNIGHT shipping. Company's website states that any order placed before 11am EST M-F will ship same day. (This costs me an extra $7.50 althoug the company is clearly at fault.)
12/19/08 - second order still has not shipped
12/20/08 - second order still has not shipped
12/21-08 - second order STILL has NOT shipped - WTF is up with the overnight shipping?
12/22/08 - second order finally ships
12/23/08 - second order arrives via UPS - We were cutting it close, but it did arrive before Christmas. Having taken 5 days to ship, I feel I was screwed out of $7.50 for so-called overnight shipping.
12/24/08 - UPS arrives with my original order that was placed on 12/10/2008 - with a quick check of my credit card statement, I see that I have been charged a second time for a second set of books that I do not need nor want.

12/27/08 - I call the company and they state that they can see this is their fault and that I will not be charged a restocking fee of $7.50 per book. They tell me to mail the books back and I will be refunded my $70 in 6-8 weeks!

I have now written a letter to the President and CEO, Mary Ann Rivers to let her know how disgusted I am with her company's incompetence and poor customer service. Upon speaking with a Customer Service Supervisor I am told that in reality it will be 10-14 days to receive my refund and that they just have to tell people 6-8 weeks because the US Postal System specifically takes a really long time when it comes to shipping things for their company. Apparently, he thinks I was born yesterday.

I urge you not to purchase anything from Entertainment.com or by phone. If you really want one of their coupon books, you can purchase it at Walgreens (I just found this out today) or through a fundraiser. I plan to take this up with the Better Business Bureau as well.

No comments: