Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning!

Since we live down the street from my in-laws, we usually go to their house early in the morning to watch the boys open their presents from Santa and to have a family breakfast. We return to their house for dinner in the afternoon while Dennis & Greg assemble new toys and take them for a "test drive" before our nephews play with them.

Tony got the Ben-10 watch he has been talking about for months. He was THRILLED! I have to say, I have learned about a lot of new things from these boys! Just a couple of years ago, I had no idea who Ben-10 was or what a Bakagon was and why would it have an arena? Toys sure have come a long way....especially video games....from when we were little!


Not only did Santa bring Nathan a PSP but mommy bought him the new Guitar Hero! Time to rock out Nate!

Dennis and Ray sit with Dad and open gifts in the morning. Ray is looking festive with a green bow on his head!

Time for mom and dad to open gifts!

As a special surprise, mom had this picture matted and framed for dad. This is a picture of a semi-pro football team that Dennis's great grandfather played for. His name was Otto Smith (Schmidt, changed to Smith when he came to the USA) and he is on the bottom right. This picture has been in the family a while.

Besides the many fun new gifts we got the boys, we passed along to them this miniature pool table. When I was little, my sister and I bought this pool table for my dad. Over the years, he has kept it in good shape but no longer has a use for it. The boys loved it!


Den and I on Christmas morning
Dennis and the boys setting up the pool table. Isn't it cute how they are all wearing Nintendo Pyjamas?
Greg & Linda arrive!

And now I begin my blogging! We got this awesome new Down Comforter from my in-laws for Christmas. Unfortunately I have spent all of Christmas sick with a fever, stuffy/runny nose, and lots of congestion. It feels good to sit in my PJ's and relax while Den enjoys his new PS3!

No comments: