Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cheeker Deaker Christmas

Yes, I am sharing with you one of the many goofy names we have for each other...Dennis has been calling me "Cheeker" for a while claiming I have the most wonderful cheeks when I smile (Isn't he sweet?)...unoriginally, I have changed the CH to a D and called him Deaker...somehow it stuck. Anyway, with the enormous amounts of overtime he has been working, we decided to have our own little Christmas on the 22nd and open gifts then from each other. Good thing we did, becuase he was called into work on the 23rd and the 24th!


Dennis got me "the flip" camera ( www.theflip.com ) Our friends in FL have one and I really liked it. Basically, it is a small video camera that plugs directly into a USB port on your computer. From there, it is incredibly easy to share (and post) videos! Watch out...the blog might become more exciting in 2009!

He also bought be this beautiful lamp. There is a bit of a story behind this lamp. Every year, Dennis asks me what I want for Christmas. I am basically harrassed into giving him a list of things although I tell him that the one thing I really want is to be surprised. There is a little tea shop in Beecher that also sells antiques. I love this shop and go there often with my mother-in-law and whoever else I can get interested in having a sandwich and a cup of tea. Dennis has only been there with me twice since the place opened, but he remembered how I mentioned that I loved this lamp. For Christmas, he did surprise me this year..and that is the rest of the story
Dennis also bought me the book "Multiple Blessings" and the comfy blue robe I am modeling in the picture above.

Dennis was very happy to receive PS3 games and blue-ray DVD's.....


But he was even happier to receive a PS3 for Christmas. (A special thanks to Nic for helping me pick out the game and make the purchase. PS. Nic, I hope you are recovering from your grilled cheese injury and back to rocking out on the drums playing Rock Band!)


No comments: