Monday, October 05, 2009

Butterflies!

My mom came over Friday night to help us move the furniture in the nursery. She had a few surprises up her sleeve and brought us the crib mattress with a fitted sheet and the changing pad with a cover as well. We moved the furniture in (rearranged it several times), hung the curtains, hung up the big butterflies and even loaded up the closet! Here are some pictures of that we've got done so far!

Aren's the butterflies so pretty?

I like this blue one.

A view of the super cute ruffled bottom curtains.

Dennis working on hanging up the curtains.

My mom

Our 4-legged babies trying out the crib. So far it's working out well! :)

The curtain rod has butterflies on each end. We got this as an early gift from Den's parents.

The armoir, topped with a lamp that daddy picked out.

The crib...we are letting these stuffed animals keep an eye on it for now.

The changing table.

Butterflies above the closet.

It's all coming together!

A shot of the whole room. I love how the butterflies match the arms of the ceiling fan.
We feel so fortunate and know how much our little girl will be loved. The nursery itself has been such a group effort from all of our family. My dad came to basecoat paint the nursery. My stepmom did the awesome striping job on the wall. My father-in-law helped Dennis to hang the ceiling fan and light. My mother-in-law brought us the curtain rod with crystal butterflies and clothes. My grandma Julie crocheted the blanket hanging over the crib. My friend Jen came shopping with me for the curtains and butterflies. My mom surprised us with the nursery furniture and helped us to set up the room. And I know there will be more to come. Angelica is going to be a very loved little girl! We can't wait until she is here!
In other news, I had my 28 week appointment on Friday and all is well. I now am starting to have Dr. appointments every other week and we have scheduled the next 5 appointments. Time is flying and we can't believe it's already October with just 11 weeks to go! As I sit here tonight watching Monday night football and blogging while Den is at work, I can't help but think how much our lives are going to change one we become parents! It's scary and exciting all at the same time.
I have been feeling well. I've started to have some back pains and heartburn, but other than that, things are going well. October is exciting. I just had my 10 year high school reunion which was awesome. We also went to the Bears vs. Detroit game this past Sunday. We are looking forward to spending some time with friends over the next 2 weekends. Then we have my step-sister's wedding and before you know it, it's Halloween! The first 2 weekends of November I have baby showers and maternity photographs. That's also when we start our childbirth classes and infant CPR class. The time is sure flying by and each day we get a little more excited. She has been kicking a lot more lately and you can visibly see my stomach move and feel the kicking from the outside. We can also hear her heartbeat with a regular stethescope now. She's definitely in there and making it known! All in all, things are good and we are happy.

No comments: