Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is in the Air

So Spring isn't officially here yet - but it's on its way and I am already feeling so much better. The time change was rough for a day or two, but I'm adjusted now and when I can still see the sun shining at 6:30pm it just makes me smile. I can't wait for those long summer nights - laying in the pool and watching the sun set at 9pm. It's going to be sooooo great. While 50 degrees may not seem warm to my friends in FL or GA or the rest of those sunny-year-round states, it was enough to make my day yesterday. I spent about 2 hours out on my motorcycle driving down country roads and feeling the refreshing wind invigorate my soul. It was a good feeling. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't need the heat on in the car. I didn't wear a coat either.

Sometimes I wonder "why the heck do we live here?" There are so many other places we could live where we could enjoy the outdoors and the weather all year round. In the Midwest we are blessed with the change of seasons. My favorite has always been summer. I love swimming and I love the long summer days where the sun stays out longer. I welcome the fall as we get to pull out warm comfy sweaters that have been sitting on shelves for months without wearing them and then spending weekends having bonfires, making hot chocolate, and going on hayrides. When winter shows up, the bitter cold is hard to get use to at first. But the first snow is always so pretty and who can think of Chirstmas without snow? But by the time Christmas is over I am ready for a heat wave. I think next year I will plan a trip in January! This year winter seemed long - very long. And I could not be happier to welcome in Spring. It just means that summer is getting closer. Who knows - maybe someday we will pick up and move to Corpus Christi or Jacksonville. But in the meantime, I will be REALLY grateful for the summer days we do have here in Illinois.

2 comments:

Tony Real said...

I understand the changes are nice, but it was 70 in NC today. :)

I don't regret the weather change at all.

Jen said...

you are not allowed to move.