Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

December seemed to fly by incredibly fast for me. Spending a full week in GA and serving as the host of Christmas Eve this year, I didn't have a minute to spare! Everything went off without a hitch though.

This year I truly had more fun in giving than in receiving. We definitely splurged on gifts this year but it was really worth it to see all of the smiling faces as our loved ones opened their gifts.

We did the usual running around. We saw my mom's side of the family on Saturday night, had my dad's side over here for Christmas Eve and spent Christmas day with my in-laws.

My husband surprised me on Christmas morning with an authentic 1985 Ozzie Guillen White Sox jersey.

(For those of you who don't know, Ozzie was always my favorite. When he was playing shortstop for the Sox I got to meet him in person. I was about 10 years old and got to go on the field before a game at the new park. I had been collecting Ozzie's cards forever. When he approached me and my dad, my dad said "Hey Ozzie - here's your biggest fan." Ozzie said "Hey sweetie I'm your biggest fan too. And then I got my first kiss (on the cheek of course), a Polaroid picture, and Ozzie gave me his wristband - which I still have. I also have every Ozzie card ever printed thanks to my Godfather who put the book together for me.)

Anyway, I got the jersey, some amethyst earrings and some ornaments for the tree. It was a good Christmas!

Of course no Christmas would be complete without another trip to the vet. Upon arriving home from GA on the 18th, Bam Bam went back in for a cough/collapsing trachea problem. He is now on antibiotics, prednazone, and anti-cough pill, and a bronchial dilator pill. The Friday before Christmas (just 4 days later) we were back in with Belfry who is apparently suffering from Colitis - Now at mealtime we have the pleasure of putting together the doggy drug cocktails. Wow - I really need to look into that insurance!

Here are some pictures from this Christmas. Enjoy them! And have a great New Year!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie and Dennis,
I just love those pictures-especially the one of Julie in the Ozzie shirt and the smile on the face of that adorable boy with the Red Ryder Rifle (even better than the kid in the movie!!). Also I must tell Julie that in the picture of your work team group photo you have the most gorgeous complexion (please don't think I'm being corny here). You look beautiful. Also...Thank you to both of you for the awsome time at our house on Saturday. Your gift was more than generous and we really appreciate it.
Love you much... and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Mom and Dave