Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Greetings from Roswell, GA

Hey everyone. I am in GA for work this week. I actually had a plane ticket but I decided to cancel it and drive here. It wasn't a bad drive. Since my office is in Roswell, I didn't actually have to go all the way down through Atlanta. Roswell is about a half hour north of Atlanta. I left on Sunday morning at about 5am and I arrived here at about 4pm that same day. Considering the time change, it was about a 10 hour drive. It was a really nice relaxing drive though. The scenery was beautiful. There was absolutely no traffic and I didn't get lost at all. My super fuel-efficient car, required only 20 gallons of gas for the trip, so it was a pretty cheap venture. I stopped for gas in Austin, IN and in Murfreesboro, TN. Other than that, I just kept the pedal to the medal...hehe.

As usual, it is beautiful here in Roswell. We recently moved into a bigger office and I just love that too. We are in this old log cabin from the 1800s and now have the main floor with basically 4-5 rooms in it. There are 3 fireplaces in our office! It is so unique. I love being here. The temperature is in the mid 60s so that is a nice change from the freezing Chicago weather we have been getting. There is a lot of work going on this week. Today I was in the office for 13 hours. But, that's the whole point of us all getting together in one place - to get things done. I have a s-l-o-w internet connection at the hotel, so that's enough positing for now. I will post more later when I have a better connection.
Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you Julie!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Julie! :) Have a safe trip home!!