Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bam Bam's Doing Good

It's been a while since I have had a chance to sit down and write a blog post. A few weeks ago I wrote about my dog BamBam and how he was not doing so well. At the time he really seemed to be on his last leg. His levels were extremely elevated and he was basically in kidney failure. Because of the awesome dedication of our veterinarian, BamBam has improved drastically! I took him into the vet twice a day during his first weekend of kidney problems. He received fluid treatments and some other shots. We kept going in every other day for fluid treatments. After 2 weeks, we re-tested his numbers. While I was hoping the results would be better, I had no idea that they would be this good. His numbers went down dramatically. He is still going for multiple fluid treatments each week and we have changed his diet. His numbers are in the normal zone now and he is feeling great. He is back to wagging his tail, jumping around, playing with toys, barking and following me around the house. When BamBam got sick he started to let me pick him up - something I was never able to do before - the good news is that now that he is feeling better, he is still letting me pick him up! I couldn't be happier to have him still with is. In fact he is laying next to me on the couch as I write this post.

Bam's playing peek-a-boo behind the coffee table.

Time for bed! (He was sleeping pretty good. It's hard not to wake him up with the camera!)

My buddy and me!

On his post - looking out the living room window.

Nap time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! You're holding him in that picture!!! I'm so happy for him and yous!