Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Special Dinner

On Monday, May 12th, I had my Grandma Brewer over for a Mother's Day Dinner. A while ago my Grandma gave me a very very special present. In 1981, my Grandpa bought my Grandma an incredible set of formal silver, which includes service for 12 along with many serving pieces. My Grandpa was killed in an accident when I was only 5 years old. While I have very vivid memories of my Grandpa, I remember him as a lovable and caring man who loved my Grandma and his family very very much. I have been very close to my Grandma all my life and I was extremely honored that she trusted me to give me this silver. As it had never ever been used she told me that she wanted me to use it. I was waiting for the perfect meal to finally take some of the silver out of the case and actually eat with it. Our Mother's Day dinner was just the occasion. Here are a couple of pictures. I look forward to using the silver for many years and passing it down through generations of our family.



No comments: