Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

May 19th is our 2 year wedding anniversary.

This also means that I have been blogging for the last 2 years since I started blogging with our wedding pictures.

While not all moments are made for taking pictures, here are some of the moments that we did take pictures throughout our relationship. In the past 2 years we have learned a lot - both about each other and from each other. Today I am happy to say that I am married to my best friend. Some people think we are complete opposites and in some ways we are, but I like to think that we complement each other and that we have each expanded our horizons and learned new and exciting things because of each other.

You know how I feel about taking pictures - take many and take them often. I have to say, that I narrowed this post from 37 pictures down to 18. Not that I am obsessed with seeing pictures of myself, but I think it is interesting to see how people change over a period of time. As I look through these pictures I realize how happy I have become. Not that I wasn't happy before, but it's a different kind of happy - a feeling of true contentment and being truly comfortable with who I am. (Yet the pictures also remind me that I could hop on the treadmill a few times a week). Anyway, I consider myself truly blessed to be married to someone who loves me despite my flaws - someone who can make me laugh at the most unexpected moments- someone who will dance with me even though we look kind of goofy - someone who can forgive my shortcomings and who also asks for forgiveness. I am sure we have a lot more to figure out about marriage, but one thing is for sure. We are committed to figuring it out together over the next 60 years or so. =)

February 2004 - We were just dating for about 2 months at this point. It's always a little awkward taking your first picture together.

Summer 2004

Fall 2004

February 2005

Summer 2005

Summer 2005 - We are just recently engaged

Thanksgiving 2005

Our official engagement picture - 2006

Building our house - spring 2006

Our Wedding - May 19, 2006

Honeymoon in Jamaica - May 2006

Summer of 2006 - I think this is the last time Den got a haircut. :)

Spring of 2007

Summer 2007 - White Sox Game


Fall 2007 - being goofy

November 2007 - In Rome

January 2008

May 2008 - married for 2 years....

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!