Monday, January 07, 2008

A Great Insurance Policy

What's with the weather these past few days? For us midwesterners we sure have gotten a lucky break - hitting a high of 60 degrees on Sunday, D and I took the bikes our for a spin. I was afraid that I might have forgotten how to ride. I just learned this fall and with all the snow and cold weather it has been sitting in the garage since the beginning of November. It was nice to go out for a quick spin - even if it was a little wet out - we still had a good time. And luckily I didn't forget - it's just like "riding a bike" haha.

Today the rains came - and tornados and high winds! Being home alone while D clocked in a little O.T. I was sure the power would go out. Trying my best to be prepared I lit about 30 candles on the main floor of the house. And here, where the power goes out every time the winds clock more than 10 miles an hour, the power didn't go out. It figures - oh well I turned off the lights anyway and enjoyed the ambiance as I tried to relax from what was an incredibly stressful, sad, and difficult day for me. .....More on that later.....I'm just not ready to talk about it yet.

No comments: