Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Frequent Flyer

I just got back from a trip to AL last week. I must say it was pretty nice. I had never been to southern Alabama, but it was much how I expected - pretty, scenic, and laid back. I met with a client and had a great meeting. It occurred to me on the flight home that I need to get some new luggage. I originally bought some cheap luggage for our honeymoon, but with as much travel as I have been doing, it is getting pretty beat up. Counting back, I have flown 14 times (7 round trips) in the past 5 months. Of course there are a lot of people who fly a lot more than that - but for someone who hadn't flown since 1999, that is a lot of flying. For the most part, I like it. It is very convenient and with companies like airtran, it is very affordable to fly. The part that can be a hassle is going through security - taking your laptop out of your carryon, taking off your shoes, belt, etc. checking your bags since you can't carry on makeup, hairspray, toothpaste etc. and the fact that it takes me just as long to drive to the airport as it does to fly to atlanta. Overall though, I enjoy my little trips - my breaks from everyday routine and I look forward to taking many more.

No comments: