Monday, August 22, 2011

Awaiting Fiona

The greatest anticipation in our lives right now is awaiting the arrival of our 2nd baby. From the moment we found out she was a girl, we decided to name her Fiona. We have washed and hung all the baby clothes (that's the nice thing about having an older sister - a whole wardrobe, ready to go!), we have purchased and assembled furniture, we have talked to Angelica endlessly about her new little sister. We have watched my belly grow and we have spent late nights talking and wondering what she will be like, what she will look like, and we have tried to wrap our heads around the idea that there will soon be someone else in our house that we will love just as much as Angelica. It is so hard to understand, but I know when she gets here it will all make perfect sense. In the meantime, I daydream about her, about what we will do, about what it will be like to see Fiona and Angelica holding hands, dancing in circles playing ring around the rosey, and making each other laugh. I am lucky in that I have a sister too. I know what Angelica is in for. It won't always be easy, and the teen years might be especially hard, but once they are grown, they will know that they always have each other no matter what. A sister is like a built in best friend. I am so excited for Angelica to have a little sister. Being the older sister myself, I feel like I can relate to Angelica as a big sister. Knowing how much my little sister means to me I feel like I can look at Fiona and know that she holds this special little surprise of being the best gift that Angelica will probably ever receive, even if it takes her decades to figure it out. I am amazed on a daily basis of how wonderful my husband is with Angelica and I know he will be the same with Fiona. He is the perfect dad to have two little girls. He is so patient when it comes to babies - moreso than me. He loves the snuggling and loving and he doesn't think twice about getting up in the middle of the night, even if I am already up. I can see that he truly cherishes every moment he gets with his daughter, even the moments that I don't particularly cherish myself! While it's been tough for me to cut back on work and make soooooo much less money, I feel like we have been given a real sense of what life is all about and I don't think we have ever been as happy as we are right now.

 Little sister's room, full of big sister's outgrown clothes.

 25 weeks pregnant


 Daddy building the crib

 Grandma painting the nursery

The almost finished nursery 




 Just waiting to rock her to sleep while sitting in this chair

30 weeks pregnant

No comments: