Monday, November 16, 2009

New Camera

I have been looking at DSLR cameras for a while now. I was going to wait until Christmas to get a new one, but my old camera has become a lot less reliable and with the new baby coming, we wanted to make sure we had a good camera once she is born. We decided on a Canon EOS XSi camera. I still have a LOT to learn about it. I took a one day class at the Chicago Center for Photography but could definitely use a lot more instruction. Here are a few of the first shots I have taken.


The moon was still out early in the morning and I was able to catch this shot from our deck.

Here I used the 55-250 lens to zoom in on this barn across the field from our backyard.

I like the way that the sun looks in this picture.

BamBam always makes a good photo model. He loves getting his picture taken.

Rusty doesn't enjoy pictures as much so I need to catch him in action. Here he is checking out his shadow!

And we have some ducks/geese hopping into the pond just off of our backyard.

No comments: