Monday, August 10, 2009

It's a girl!

We had an ultrasound on July 22. Although the Dr's office won't give a 100% guarantee, our ultrasound technician was very certain that we are having a girl! We do have another ultrasound scheduled in late August just to make sure before we start painting the room, etc.

We have been very excited with this news and have already been shopping several times. We registered at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids. We've bought at least a dozen or so outfits! I had a very successful shopping trip with my friend Jen and bought very cute pink ruffly curtains, an adorable little flowered chandelier light, and some pretty three dimensional nylon butterfiles. We have decided to decorate the room with pinks and pastels and go with some sort of a butterfly theme. I am planning a date with my stepmom to look at paint colors and styles. She is an expert when it comes to interior decorating.

We planned to use my old crib. It was a beautiful crib in it's time and had a really cute canopy over the top of it. It met all of the modern day safety standards. My dad came over one night to help Dennis bring it up from the basement and assemble it, but we had trouble with a few parts and it wasn't as sturdy as we had hoped. I was really bummed out, wanting to hand something like this down to my daughter, but figured I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night if I was worried about the integrity of the crib. So, I started looking at other options. I ended up finding a beautiful set at a really good price on craigslist and thanks to my mom, we got it! (Thanks mom!)

We have decided on a few names. We are 99% sure we will be naming our baby Angelica. We aren't sure on a middle name and probably won't decide until she is born. We picked out the name Angelica 2 years ago when we were in Rome. We were waiting for our tour guide to take us through the Vatican and the street intersection we were standing at was Angelica and Angelico. We both loved the name. (Before this trip we were set on the name Sophia, but it has become very popular now and with a last name like Smith we want something a little more unique.) Our other option for a name is Natalie Noel. We say that if she ends up being born on Christmas, we may name her Natalie Noel, but we will see. The name Natalie means "born on Christmas." Our official due date is still December 23rd.

Here are some of the newest pictures. This Wednesday we will be at 21 weeks.

20 weeks pregnant

19 weeks pregnant

The new nursery set!

Changing table/dresser with glass front drawers

Armoir with glass front drawers and a hanging and shelf section behind the door.

And the crib. It converts to a toddler bed and to a full size bed.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I did not know that Natalie means born on Christmas. I am hoping for a Christmas baby now! What a cool reason for picking her name.

Mrs. Smith said...

Yah Natalie is cool, but we do already have a Natalie in the family. We like the meaning behind Angelica though. We picked it in Rome. The Vatican was at the corner of Angelica and Angelico. We did buy her rosary while at the Vatican too. I am still crossing my fingers for 12/18...just a little early! :)