Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hot air rises...

I feel the need to complain about this on my blog, because if I complain to any of my parents or grandparents I will get a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO" (rightfully) from them. When we built our house we opted for 9 foot ceilings rather than 8 foot ceilings everywhere. As an added bonus we have 13 foot ceilings in our dining room and living room. We have about a 25 foot ceiling in our foyer and our bedroom maxes our somwhere around 13 feet as well. Sure we love the open floor plan and all of the space we have, but man does it suck to heat it in the middle of winter. With many nights hitting below zero and the thermostat at a constant 70 degrees, our latest gas bill was $397.00. Who would think that it costs more to stay warm than to make a car payment! Oh well, at least we didn't hit $400 (yet) - I sure hope it warms up soon.

No comments: