Thursday, July 12, 2007

A lesson learned

If you are ever typing a long email, or a long blog post, or doing anything that consumes a large amount of time online, I recommend either typing it as a Word document first and then copying and pasting it into the body of your email/blog or using a laptop.

Tonight I was typing a lengthy but very important email. I was about an hour into it and probably 7/8 of the way done when all of the power went out. Since I was typing just in an email program, I lost it all. The power came back on within 5 seconds, but my hour of time was totally wasted.

Oh well. Thanks again ComEd.

1 comment:

Tony Real said...

You probably know about this, but a good battery backup if you aren't using a laptop would help with this.

Here's one with an okay price:
http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=203064705