Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

Our new tree is a 9 foot tree. We got rid of the humongous pre-lit tree that had 95% broken lights and we opted for this new non-pre-lit tree. We bought some new LED lights but used all of our classic ornaments. It turned out pretty well I think. I especially like this night picture of it.

I have always wanted a red,white and green tree but don't have enough things to do a big tree this way. This year I put up this little 4 foot tree in my office and added red and green ribbon, white lights and red & green ornaments.

Although I only put out about half of our Christmas decorations this year, I always put out the nativity that my Grandpa made.

You can't get ready for Christmas without some snow!

Baking cookies with Lisa...and I am looking larger than life and miserable....11 more days til our due date.

My favorite peanut butter kiss cookies.

Chocolate covered cherry cookies

Lisa preparing the chocolate covered cherry cookies

Using the 1950's Mirro cookie press to make Christmas tree cookies.

All done! In all we made 10 batches of cookies and it only took us from 8am-4pm! What a day! They are worth it though...so tasty. I wonder how many calories we created in all!

No comments: