Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Season Tickets

As many of you know I am a big White Sox fan. I started going to the Old Comiskey at the age of 2 and have thoroughly enjoyed every ballgame I have ever been to. When the new Comiskey was built (before it was so creatively renamed US Cellular Field) my dad took me early to a game on Kodak camera day. Being one of the first 500 people there we got to go on the field and meet the players. This was a HUGE deal for me as I was obsessed with Ozzie Guillen. I had every Ozzie baseball card ever printed and I even dressed up as Ozzie for Halloween one year. At that time, Ozzie was playing shortstop for the Sox. When he came over to where we were standing my dad said "Ozzie here is your biggest fan!" and there I was - about 10 years old - all smiles. Ozzie let me take a picture of him, gave me a big kiss on the cheek, took of his #13 wristband and gave it to me and said "I'm your biggest fan too sweetheart." 2 years ago my husband bought me a 1985 Guillen White Sox Jersey.

For the past few years we have gone to 3-5 games each year. Every time we talk about getting some sort of season ticket package. Now there is an Ozzie pack of tickets where you can pick 13 games to go to. For 2 people, these tickets cost about $750.00. The plus side is that we would get to see a lot of games, and that we would get first pick at some of the hard to get tickets each year. The negative side is that we would be paying for parking 13 times, and who can go to the ballpark without getting a hot dog (at $8 or so) - ultimately we would be spending about $1,000.00 on this season. Now, if we were not getting the tickets we may very well be spending money on doing other things if we weren't at the games. So, I am currently up in the air about it. Has anyone else purchased any kind of season tickets before? Was it worth it? Do you think we should do it or should we just save our money for something else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have (had) season tickets 13 pack to the Blackhawks this year. Tickets were in the 300 section ever so close to the announcer. Not too bad for one ticket on price, but the $10 every other trip for parking did get a little over the top.(Split parking with the other guys in the car). Food usually ran 10 to 15 bucks if I got anything, but we usually stopped at McDs on the way up. It would have been much better had they been a decent team this year.... as of now, I do plan on getting tickets for next year, but we'll see.

Jen said...

tough call, I have CSO season tickets (slightly different) but we have just give some tickets away because we could not make the concerts. So in the long run the tickets for the concerts we actually saw were moew expensive.