Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perfection

A friend recommended this blog read tonight and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I obviously know that I am not perfect. I have been criticized for being brutally honest in the past and I am sure I will continue to be that way even though that makes me less than perfect. I also tend to be long-winded, talk to much, wear my heart on my sleeve and over worry about "worst case scenarios" - just ask my husband. I can be nosy and I can be gossipy even thought I don't want to be. I feel like this year more than ever I have come to the realization that it is wonderful to not be perfect. Each challenge we come across in life - whether it is a challenge in our marriage, in friendships, in parenting, etc. gives us a chance to learn and grow. Not being "perfect" gives us an excuse for making mistakes. I think the most important thing for me is to realize when I have made a mistake and try to remember to do better next time. With that thought in mind, I have started living my life more in the here and now and enjoying each day just one day at a time. Some days I accomplish everything I set out to do. Some days I accomplish nothing. Some days I am proud of the decisions I have made and some days I feel full of regret over a stupid decision.

Here is the link for the article I am referring to. It was written by a single dad.

http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/disease-called-perfection.html

No comments: