Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

May, 19th was our 3rd anniversary. We decided to do something special for our anniversary since we don't have any big trips planned for this year. We went downtown and stayed at the newly remodeled Four Seasons Ritz Carlton. Everything was great. When we checked in, they upgraded our room. The service was impeccable and our stay was very comfortable. We went out during the day and when we came back, they surprised us with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. If you are ever looking to splurge on a weekend away, I would definitely recommend the Ritz.


Even the elevators have elegant chandaliers.

Den waiting for me in the spa waiting area.

Our room

Super comfy bed - really makes me want to get a King size bed.

The view from our room - you can see the lake out there between the buildings. A few people were out sailing since it was a fairly nice day.

When we came back from shopping at Water Tower, they had this waiting for us. Mmmm.

Since I couldn't have any alcohol, Den sprung me some ginger ale from the mini bar. It looks kind of the same.

Den's lunch - so maybe a burger isn't worth $20, but they tried to make up for it with a fancy appearance and yummy homemade ketchup.

My lunch = a veggie panini (which I really didn't care for - too much egg) and some carrot ginger soup (too spicy)

Later on I ordered a bowl of chicken noodle soup from room service. I was just expecting a little bowl of soup. When this entire cart arrived, I was pretty surprised.

No comments: