Monday, October 16, 2006

another busy week(end)

I can't believe another week has passed. We have been unbelievable buys. Thursday night we went out to eat with some of my ex-co-workers from the myers group. Later that night we met up with our fomer office manager, Kristin, who was in from GA. A spectacular time was had by all. Saturday, Dennis and I drove down to Champaign to see my friend Stephanie. We had a great day picking pumpkins, carving them, and snacking on apple cider and pumpkin seeds. I will enclose some pictures below. Saturday night was a mind-boggling game of Cranium with the in-laws. Sunday I took the annual trip to Long Grove with my friend Christen and sister Lisa. We had a great time. and Sunday night I spent a bunch of time online looking for a new car. I have not been able to decide what kind to get. I have wanted a Prius for a LONG time, but I am not as sure anymore. I test-drove one last year and loved it, but my existing car - the Scion XA was in a bad place for trading it in at the time - I still owed too much and it wasn't worth as much. Now that I am able to trade in, I want to make a good decision. I have been a big fan of the Nissan Morano and the Toyota Prius for ages, but whatever car I do get, I would like to keep it for a long time. The Scion XA wasn't bad, but I only bought it for the great gas mileage and the long commute to work. I don't necessarily like the dark blue color - it's always dirty - always! and it is seriously like driving a roller skate. It is soooo small. This time around, I want to buy something that is nice, practical, and something that will last me a while....I have also looked in to some of the certified pre-owned cars because last time I swore I would never buy another new car again. My husband's truck was a pre-owned and it is awesome. Oh well...the search continues....any suggestions anyone?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have gone with... Maybe next time!!Love MOM

Jen said...

You are a good pumkin carver!

Anonymous said...

We just bought an 07 Camry - it's seriously fantastic. Consumer Reports loved it, and we got a really good deal. I highly recommend it. People say they last forever (our neighbor just got rid of her Camry that had over 200k miles on it!)

We were going to get a Prius, but in the end it was just a little too expensive and the tax incentives for this year have now expired. If you plan on getting one, I'd wait until the new year. If you wnat more info, just let me know!